Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Your Guide to: Getting a Puppy

Eventually everyone gets a puppy. Or wants one. If you'd been interested in gettin puppy, I've linked many great sites, and tips to getting/raising a pup.

Choosing your Dog:
Are you more of a beagle person? Or a lab maybe? Everyone's different. Ask yourself these questions:
Could I walk a dog at least three times a week?
Could I be with him/her a lot?

Animal Planet had a great quiz to help you find a furry friend :).
Find it Here.

After you've found the perfect pet, your going to need te following:


  1. Leash
  2. Collar
  3. Food
  4. Food bowl 
  5. Chew toy 
  6. Treats 
  7. Vet visit 
  8. Kennel (optinal)
  9. Dog bed 
Also a dog tag for the collar, in case you lose your dog, or anything else.
For food I suggest Blue Buffalo. Their food is amazing and my dogs gobble it up. It's good for dogs and super healthy too. Find it Here.

Amazon also has an amazing selection. Find some great things for your dog Here.

Once you get your pooch home, your gonna need to teach it the basics. Here's a great list:

  1. Potty train 
  2. Sit
  3. Stay 
Walking your dog is also a must. here's a great tutorial Here.

Also, have fun with your dog! Hope this guide helps. I remember how exited I was when I got my first dog. I totally needed a guide. :)
This post contains links. All information belongs to the sole owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment