Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Life Hacks Dog Owners must know

There are probably 1,000,000 life hacks out there for dogs. I absouloutly love making cheap, homemade toys for my doggies. Since i got Dixie, I've been making chew toys for her, and these are a few of my favs. Also a few life hacks, perfect for any pooch.

1. Tennis Ball Madness 

What you'll need:
• Sicssors
• Tennis Ball
• Rope, (I suggest paracord)
Take your tennis ball, and drill a hole in it. Take about 20 inch. Of paracord, and string the tennis ball.   Braid the rest of the paracord and knot. I tied mine into a circle, so you can play tug-a-war!
This chew toy is perfect for any heavy chewer! (Fun to fetch too!)

2. Unstuffed Friend 
Another great DIY.
What you'll need:
• Sicssors
• Old stuff animal
Take your old stuff animal, and cut a small tiny hole (the smaller the better!) and pull out all the stuffing. I love love love these chew toys, because they are cute! And all my dogs love to pounce on it. Plus you can make it for pennies. Beats buying one for 12$.

3. Re-usable dog bowls
I use this hack for Oscar, because he like to pee in the bowl? Yes I know, ewwww. So what I do is take disposable bowls of course!
What you'll need:
• A container (I suggest a cool whip container)
And that's all for this one! I give it a good wash, and let Oscar eat out of it.
Sometimes I wash it out and re-use it, but it's also great to take on walks and trash it in a trash can.

4. Food Fun 
This one is great, and just cost pennies.
What you'll need:
• Toilet Paper Roll
• Dog treats
All your gonna do, is take your toilet paper roll, and stuff 1-2 big treats, or 3-4 small treats (depends on what you use) and fold the opening of the roll. (Mess intended.)

5. Knots 
This one is super super simple, I've probably made 20 of these babes.
What you'll need:
• 5 minutes
• Strip of fabric, (or rope)
Just take your material, and knot it once. Super durable and fun :).

6. Quick n' easy doggie treats 
These are super easy, but they contain actual peanut butter, so I don't give them to my dogs to often. But they are fun and delicious, perfect for any afternoon snack.
What you'll need:
• Penut Butter
• Tray
Just take 1-2 teaspoons of Penut butter, and dab them on a tray. For texture, use crunchy Penut butter.
Put your tray in the freezer and chill them for about 10-20 mins.
Enjoy!

7. Dog Treat Popsicles 
Yes! Perfect for summer.
What you'll need:
• Water
• Ice cube tray (or a Popsicle tray if you have one!
• Dog bone treats
What you'll do:
If your using an ice cube tray, then use a small dog bone treat here! Just fill up your tray with water and pluck a bone in. Let it freeze until frozen, and then let your dog enjoy!

8. Sock Talk 
What you'll need:
• and old sock
• plastic bottle
Just take your bottle, (I filled mine with some beads,) and put the cap on. (I glued mine on). Then take your sock, and slip in on the bottle! Let your dog go to town on this toy. Muffins kind of crazy about this toy!

9. Bathtub hack:
Now I absouloutly love this one, take a laundry hamper, and put your pooch in the hamper and stick both  of them in the tub. This is a miracle for my dogs who try to escape from the bath tub.

10. Yarn Fun 
And last but not least:
Take a piece of yarn,  and tie it to a few feathers. Not good for chewing, but perfect for pouncing! (Which my dogs LOVE to do!)

And there you have it. My favorites defiantly number 2. Which is you fav?? And if you have another one, add it below! We love getting comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment