Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Puppy breath

Ugh, the only thing that's NOT cute on a puppy is... Puppy breath - DUH DUH DUH. When I come home to Dixie she runs to me and licks my face. Aweee, cute until I get a sniff of her breath. Tuck I thought. After searching the internet, I found some fool proof ways to freshen doggie breath.

See the problem is with puppies, is that they can't have certain breath freshing bones and things. So I gathered some home remedies. Busy that narley puppy breath!

1. Carrots
As crazy as it sounds , yes carrots actually remove plaque and help healthy gums! (Plus fights bad breath!)

2. Parsley 
Let your doggie chew on some raw parsley to help fight bacteria. (And breath!)

3. Brush their teeth. 
I know this sounds, well awful. But it might be your last resort. Build a daily routine, (be sure to get dog paste as human paste can harm them!)

4. Coconut oil
Probably one of the easiest, pour 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil over tier dog food and beat that breath.

5. Mouth spray 
Another last resort, but find some spray or ask your vet.

And the easiest of all....

6. Water 
Give your pup plenty to drink!!

Note: if your dog constantly has bad breath it can be a sign of disease... Talk to your vet. 

Hope this helps your pup! It helped mine. Enjoy those doggie kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment