Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Teething Time Madness

Every puppy goes through that teething stage. It's awful, and complete madness. They want to chew on EVERYTHING. No matter how many (expensive) chew toys I buy, Dixie always ALWAYS goes for the couch handle, or my house shoes. Honestly, it's one of the best/worst times. Yes you get to play with your pup a lot, but then you have a ruined shoe. Oscar, who's waaaay past the teething stage STILL chews on things. Toys, stuff animals, blankets. Anything that's soft he will chew. Ugh I swear if I find one more damp house shoe I'm gonna scream.

Dixie has also taking to nipping at my toes. Which is adorable, but she's got the sharpest teeth around,  
She loves to play tug-a-war, and starts to growl or bark.

I don't know, but it seems my dogs teethe for a long time.

But I'll tell you one thing: I had a lab, and he chewed EVERYTHING! Once, I rolled pennies, he got ahold of them and chewed them up, while we are asleep. Now I make sure nothing destruct able is out when I go to bed.  Thankfully though he didn't swallow any, but it looked like it rained money. (Which wouldn't be a bad thing).

How does your dog get through teething/chewing stage? Are they heavy or light?  Mine are all just heavy chewers! Except for muffin. She's very lazy though, but back to the point.

Let me hear your thoughts below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment